Search
  • Jo Glading-DiLorenzo

PC Profile: Coach Yessica

Coach Yessica joined the PC team when she was in 8th grade, and she is now about to graduate from high school and head off to pursue her dream of studying criminal justice and theatre. Here she acknowledges that at PC, "everyone is on my team."

PC: What are you doing now?

Yessica: I’m a senior at Central High School. Two of my favorite classes are sociology and psychology, mainly because they have to do with what I want to study in college. AP English is my most challenging class. But I can always use the challenges.

PC: Tell us a highlight memory from your time with Project Coach.

Yessica: One highlight that i remember from PC would be the time that I helped a player with his anger. I gave him a strategy that I would use when I got angry. I honestly didn’t know if he’d actually use it but I knew that I tried. Then, a couple days or weeks later, I saw a video of him explaining the exact strategy I taught him and how he used it during programming. I love hearing that I’m making a difference in these kids’ lives. But we aren’t only giving the impact, we’re also receiving it. Who knows where I would’ve been without PC.

PC: Team is a big part of life in Project Coach. Who’s on your team in your current life & work?

Yessica: When I’m at PC, I know that everyone is on my team. Besides them, my team consists of my mom and my closest friend Ariana. They’re part of the reason I’ve made it this far.

PC: What big idea, project, adventure has your attention?: What’s your next play?

Yessica: Right now, I’m super excited about my acceptance to American International College. It’s where I really want to go and double major in Criminal Justice and Theatre Arts. I am also excited about my play coming up in February/March. My next play is to continue to apply for colleges and scholarships. It doesn’t stop here for me!

0 views

​​Call us:

413.585.3369

413.585.3041

​Find us: 

Morgan Hall, Smith College

37 Prospect Street

Northampton, MA 01060

© 2018 by Project Coach